Your personal data is already stolen. Here’s what you need to be doing:
via Krebs on Security
- if you are the type of person who likes to re-use passwords, then you definitely need to be using a password manager
- freezing your credit files with the major credit bureaus, and regularly ordering free copies of your credit file from annualcreditreport.com
- planting your flag at various online services before fraudsters do it for you
- Assuming compromise means placing very little trust or confidence in anything that comes to you via email.
- beefing up your passwords by adopting more robust multi-factor authentication